Frigidaire Dishwasher Not Draining? Common Problems and Solutions
Are you struggling with a Frigidaire dishwasher that won’t drain? This can be both frustrating and messy, as dirty water may spill onto your kitchen floor, leaving behind an unpleasant smell and debris. Luckily, there are several common causes of drainage issues that you can identify and fix yourself, without having to hire a professional.
In this guide, we will explore the reasons why your Frigidaire dishwasher may not be draining properly. We will also provide step-by-step instructions for how to troubleshoot and fix these issues. Lastly, we will discuss alternative models you can consider if you need to replace your dishwasher altogether.
Common Causes of Frigidaire Dishwasher Not Draining
Before you panic and assume the worst, it’s important to remember that there are multiple reasons why your dishwasher may not be draining properly. Here are the five most common causes of Frigidaire dishwasher drainage issues:
- Clogged Drain: Food particles and debris can collect in your dishwasher’s drain, blocking the flow of water. This is often the most basic and easiest issue to solve.
- Full Filter: Filters help prevent clogs, but they need to be regularly emptied to allow water to flow through.
- Blocked Hose: The drain hose that leads to your dishwasher may be blocked, clogged, or detached. This is the most difficult issue to access, but it’s also a common cause of drainage problems.
- Broken Garbage Disposal: If your garbage disposal is broken, it can interfere with your dishwasher’s drainage.
- Broken Motor: Without a functioning motor, your dishwasher cannot run its cycle correctly and will not drain properly.
In some cases, if your dishwasher has only failed to drain once, it may be due to a simple power outage. Check to make sure the electricity stayed on the whole time before assuming a bigger problem.
How to Fix a Frigidaire Dishwasher That Won’t Drain
Fortunately, many Frigidaire dishwasher drainage issues can be fixed without calling in a professional. Here’s how to diagnose the problem and fix it yourself:
- Run your garbage disposal. Garbage disposal issues can sometimes cause problems with dishwashers, so make sure it’s working properly. Running your disposal for 30 seconds may also help unclog any drains.
- Remove standing water, dishes, and racks. This allows you to inspect for clogs while cleaning the filter. Remove any visible food debris.
- Check the drain hose. Ensure that it’s not blocked, clogged, pinched, or broken.
- Run a rinse cycle with vinegar and baking soda to clean out any potential clogs.
If your dishwasher is still not draining after following these steps, it may be time to call in a professional. Before you do, however, listen to your dishwasher as it runs. Is it making unusual noises? Tell the technician or record the sounds to help diagnose the problem.
Alternative Frigidaire Dishwasher Models
If your Frigidaire dishwasher is old and continues to have drainage issues, it may be time to replace it altogether. Here are three high-quality Frigidaire dishwasher models to consider:
Frigidaire® 24″ Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher
This basic stainless steel model comes with an adjustable upper rack, allowing for more room in the lower rack for larger dishes. It’s NSF certified and removes 99.9% of household bacteria. EvenDry™ technology ensures that dishes come out dry and spot-free.
Frigidaire Gallery® 24″ Smudge-Proof® Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher
This Gallery model offers a 30-minute Quick Clean cycle and DishSense™ technology, which evaluates each load’s size and dirtiness level and selects its own settings. It can fit up to 14 place settings, provides adjustable racks for more storage, and features a light indicator to signal when wash cycles are complete.
Frigidaire Gallery® 24″ Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher
This model is known for its quiet running, at only 49 dBAs. It’s equipped with AquaSurge™ technology, which allows washing pressure to be adjusted depending on the load, making it extra quiet for certain loads. It also has a stay-put door that stays at any angle you select, making loading and unloading easier.
Why Trust Us?
East Coast Appliance has been locally owned and operated since 1988 and is the largest independent appliance dealer in Virginia. We sell new appliances of every major brand, scratch-and-dent appliances, and our own refurbished models. We also service all the appliances we sell, and our associates are factory-trained. We’re committed to providing the absolute lowest prices on appliances that we sell, and we’ll price match any local competitor’s ad.
Shop Frigidaire Dishwashers at East Coast
For unbeatable deals on Frigidaire dishwashers, shop online or in-person at East Coast Appliance. Our experienced associates can help you identify the cause of your Frigidaire dishwasher’s drainage issues and recommend replacement models if necessary. Visit us today to learn more!